Increase Website Traffic with Stumbleupon
Are you looking to get more traffic to your web page? Have you ever considered a social bookmarking site like StumbleUpon? Stumbleupon is a great tool for increasing web traffic, and will also increase back links to your page. It’s great for SEO! It’s extremely easy to get started, let me show you how.
- If you don’t already have an account on Stumbleupon, the first step is to sign up for your free account. Go to http://www.stumbleupon.com and click on “Add Stumbleupon to my Browser.” Fill out your information and then click the “Join and Download Now” button.
- For easy access to the site, I highly recommend that you install the Stumbleupon toolbar into your Internet browser. To do this click on the “Download Now” button on the Stumbleupon homepage and follow the installation instructions.
- Once this is complete, login to StumbleUpon using your newly created username and password. Be sure to confirm that the StumbleUpon toolbar has been properly installed in your browser.
- There are two ways to add your website to StumbleUpon. The first option is to click the “Add Site” on your personal homepage on stumbleupon.com. It will drop down a box asking you for the URL as well as a review of the content on that particular site. Click on the “Add a Site” button and you will be brought to another page. This page will ask you to state the specific topics that are talked about on the site as well as ask you if it is safe for work. (I.e. No inappropriate content) Next, you click submit and your webpage will be added to your favorites and bookmarked so that other stumblers who are interested in the topics you placed it under can find it.
- The second way is by visiting a site and clicking on the Thumbs Up button located on the top right of your browser in the StumbleUpon toolbar. Anytime you want to bookmark a site that you have been to, simply click on the thumbs up button and that site will be bookmarked and added to your favorites so that others can stumble upon it. Some websites will even have a Stumble button either on the side or bottom of the post. For these all you have to do is click on it and it will bring up the page that asks you to input topics. From here you just have to click submit and it will be bookmarked and shared.
- By bookmarking your blog posts and websites, you are actually creating back links to them from StumbleUpon. Search engines will pick up on this and see that you have some relevant content to share, which will help get your site ranked higher on search results, therefore increasing traffic. Another way that traffic to your site will be increased is by submitting all your web pages to StumbleUpon under your favorites and when other StumbleUpon users stumble, they may come across your site, which will also increase traffic.
- StumbleUpon is a social bookmarking site, therefore it’s important to connect with other users and share your favorite sites. By connecting with other people who have similar interests, not only will they see your favorite sites come up as they stumble, but you also will see some of their favorite sites when you stumble. Everyone is sharing their favorite sites with each other, which is why it is important to bookmark your blog posts and web pages so that others can come across them as they stumble.