5 Reasons to Use Pinterest for Your Business
Since the beginning of 2012, Pinterest has gained a large following of users and continues to grow every month. It has been used to share images across the Internet for a variety of reasons from entertainment value to advertising campaigns. Millions of users frequent the website on a regular basis looking for images that peak their interest so that they may “repin” those images to share with their own followers. With more than 25 million unique visitors, Pinterest can be a great method to generate interest in your business practices. Here are 5 reasons to use Pinterest for your business.
1. It’s Free – Much like many other popular social media sites, Pinterest is free to use to anyone willing to share photographs and images. For those who are creative, it is a free method that can be great for advertising. Your image can easily become a viral sensation if it meets the criteria of those who use the site. Let your creative juices flow and promote your business in a fashion that you never would have realized before.
2. Multiple Exposure – One of the more endearing features of Pinterest is the ability to Tweet and Like images you come across. This allows your potential business advertisement to be spread across various social media platforms for additional exposure. In theory, you could reach more people in a single, well-designed image relevant to your business for free using Pinterest than you could with a paid advertisement on the radio.
3. Link Back – In your Pinterest profile, you can include your website. This can help others who are interested in your business find more information and perhaps invest in your services. The amount of traffic this could generate for your business site is dependent on the quality of your Pinterest images and how you present them.
Even if you can’t create images of your own accord, you can still “repin” other images or add those from the Internet into your profile. This is a method to share what interests you the most, and it could lead to creating a following of your own. Although the response may be less than you would like, there still could be a great deal of traffic generation from the link you post in your profile.
4. Social Marketing – Interesting images you create that can cause a user to click on it can direct them to your website for relevant content. You could create an article pertaining to anything regarding your business and link it to a well-designed image in Pinterest. Many Pinterest users will have a caption on the image specifying the title of the website page. The method of using images to advertise articles on websites has been quite successful for many users of this popular image site.
5. Great Viral Potential -If you can create a well-liked image within the Pinterest community, it has great potential to become viral. Pinterest allows for giving credit where credit is due and your image will reflect your account regardless of who “repins” the work of art. During these “repins,” followers of those pinning the image can see where it came from originally. Much like Facebook in that respect, anyone looking at a specific person’s account can pin the image again.
Nearly any type of image can be found on Pinterest. From artwork to photographs to marketing strategies, the images continue to mount on this visual social site. There is great potential for a variety of commerce that can be developed using Pinterest and inventive ways are being discovered regularly. Submit your amazing image for your business and see how many followers you can accumulate.
About the Author: Blogging was a natural progression for Allison once she graduated from college, as it allowed her to combine her two passions: writing and children. She has enjoyed furthering her writing career with www.nannyclassifieds.com. She can be in touch through e-mail email@example.com